1) Those that have greener campuses in terms of reduced usage of resources and renewable resources.
2) Those that teach sustainability programs academically.
Of course, doing both is entirely possible... and even highly synergistic.
Here's a few sources of Green campus and green(er) universities:
- Campus Ecology: http://www.nwf.org/campus-ecology.aspx
- Green Report Card: http://www.greenreportcard.org/
- P&P’s Top Green Colleges & Us: http://peopleandplanet.org/greenleague
- People & Plant’s 2013 College Report: http://peopleandplanet.org/green-league-2013/tables